Citizens Right to Grievance Redress Bill proposed by the government
I don’t understand why the hell government (Congress) want only bogus, ineffective bills in country?
Below mentioned text is from http://www.scribd.com/doc/73464511/Comments-on-Citizens-Right-to-Grievance-Redress-Bill-2011
RESPONSE TO CITIZENS RIGHT TO GRIEVANCE REDRESS BILL
The Citizens Right to Grievance Redress Bill proposed by the government providing for citizen’s charters and seeking timely redressal of citizens grievances suffers from several critical deficiencies.
1. It provides for a highly centralized system of grievance redressal which is bound to collapseunder its own weight within a few days of its implementation. According to the proposedbill, if a citizen fails to get his grievance redressed from the grievance redressal officer andthe head of that department, the grievance would go to the State Public GrievanceCommission consisting of 5 members and stationed at state capital. One wonders how wouldthis 5 member body deal with grievances from all the villages and cities of the entire stateagainst all departments which could run into lakhs, if not crores. Still worse is the fact that anappeal against State Public Grievance Redressal Commission would lie before a 5 membersCentral Public Grievance Commission stationed in Delhi. This 5 member Central PublicGrievance Commission would be expected to solve all the grievances against all state andcentral government departments of 120 crore population. Obviously the system is designed tocollapse.
2. The penalty clause for non redressal of grievance is vague, weak and fails to provide aneffective deterrence against non performance. There is no penalty provided against the Headof the Department.
3. The bill provides for a selection committee but does not provide for the composition of search committee and is silent on the selection process.
4. The bill is silent on grounds and procedure for removal of non performing and corruptmembers of the Public Grievance Commissions.
5. The definition of complaint is so vast that the grievances related to violation of citizencharters which mostly leads to demand for bribery would get submerged into the ocean of other non critical grievances.
6. The bill does not provide for compensation to the aggrieved citizen