Here are some ‘Diabetes’ facts:
1. India is the ‘Diabetes Capital’ of the world. Approximately, 61-million are already diagnosed to be diabetic. This translates to 20% of the world’s diabetic population!
2. Education is the key. Owing to poor awareness, a similar number is blissfully unaware of the condition that they are already suffering from.
3. As a result of such ignorance, even today, 70% of the diagnosis is ‘incidental’. That is when people have to undergo some surgery or when people are screened for jobs or insurance policies, the condition gets detected.
4. Diabetes is a condition that adversely impacts both morbidity & mortality
4. A healthy diet & exercise can delay onset and prevent complications arising out of diabetes.
Living Well Program (LWP), by Art of Living, focuses on education & increases awareness with practical easy to do techniques. It sensitizes & builds up the confidence of the diabetic persons. Considering the high incidence and the potential for complications, the program holds tremendous promise. Results are very convincing.
LWP is specific to people with diabetes & hypertension. If you are an Art of Living Teacher, then you can become LWP Teacher by attending orientation program. If you are already diabetic, just go for this wonderful program. And if you are all healthy, go for it to maintain your good health!! 🙂
PS: At present, there are just around 400 teachers world wide who can teach LWP. So don’t miss chance if you are getting one!